<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 13, 2003

I can't believe Elizabeth Smart was found alive. I have seen the pictures and have read and heard the news stories but I am still having trouble believing it.

I am a human interest story junkie. It drives Michelle crazy! I can not pass The Learning Channel when they are profiling conjoined twins. I love it when 60 Minutes, 20/20, Dateline, etc do their follow up stories on multiple births, people who hoard their belongings, and siblings who were separated by birth.

Michelle says I am a voyeur and that I just can't help being drawn into other people's stories. I don't know why I feel this way but I have always felt fascinated by people and their stories:

Jessica McClure- the baby in the well
the Florida "switched at birth" twins
the Pennsylvania miners- I stayed up nearly all night watching that coverage on CNN
any number of Olympians- Kerry Strug, Janet Evans, Jim Shea

I don't think I will ever reform. My dream job would be to host the Today Show. I want to talk to politicians, authors, movie stars, people who have successful weight loss stories, a lifeguard who survived a shark attack, and the newest human interest story.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog