<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I feel so overwhelmed about how much I have to write about. I will try to just outline it:

I quit my job. Gave two weeks notice. Am taking the plunge- no net. I have no job to move onto. I am hoping to substitute teach for awhile. I am pretty much scared out of my mind that I am not going to find anything to do and that Michelle and I are not going to have money.

I am really nervous about the war. I do not know what else to say about that.

I found a blog by Jennifer Weiner who wrote Good in Bed (which I loved) and In Her Shoes (which I have not yet read) and who lives in Philadelphia. I have said it before and I will say it again, it is very cool for me to read about a place where I live and where I know. I was reading the archives on Jen's blog and I was thrilled again and again to read about place I know- from the Super Fresh on 5th Street to the Independence Branch of the Free Library. Anyhoo, I am going to put her site on my list of links. Stop by if you are interested in something funny!

I finished two great books this weekend. Empire Falls by Richard Russo and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Empire Falls was a wonderful portrait of small town life but not in a fluffy quaint way. It was complex and interesting but still intimate. Stargirl was written for young adults but is wonderful for any reader. The narration by a teenage boy of the transformation of a high school because of one girl who insists on her individuality is perfectly pitched and insightful. Both books were delightful to read.

I hope to be a little better with blogging regularly. We'll see. I will have more free time in less than two weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog