<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 01, 2003

So sorry for not blogging in so long. Things have been totally crazy.

If you read Michelle's blog, then you know about our little Lulu. It was incredibly difficult and sad to say goodbye to her but we know we did the right thing. I am desperate to get a kitty but we need to wait until we move to our new apartment. I am not trying to replace Lulu, it is just so lonely in our apartment without a little being running to the door every time we come home.

In happier news, I started my new job on Tuesday. So far, so good. I like the work, I like my coworkers. I love the idea that I am going to be helping people. I am planning academic and life skills workshops, and doing academic advising for first generation and low income college students. So far everything is going well.

I have been knitting like a maniac and loving it. I finished a baby blanket and hat for one of the doctoral students at Penn. I can't wait to see the baby. Her name is Katherine and I have seen her picture- gorgeous! I am working on another blanket for a former coworker whose baby is due in July. I have also made two dress scarves from Eros ribbon yarn- one for Michelle and one for Michelle's mom. They both loved them. Michelle's mom and dad gave me some money for my birthday which was 2 weeks ago, so we went to the yarn store today. I got yarn to make myself a tank top that is featured in a yarn book that Michelle bought me for my birthday. I am so excited. Poor Michelle has spent the past two hours trying to untangle yarn that I somehow got all knotted! She is a saint.

Off to work on my tank top before we have a late dinner. Am addicted to repeats of the Real World in anticipation of the new season starting this week. I am really hoping they show the New Orleans season tonight.

Bye!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog