<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Another busy day.

Finished The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. The end got a little too touchy-feely for me. I think Covey has some good ideas though. I am actually sort of looking forward to going to the Facilitator training for the Franklin-Covey time management seminar in September. Call me a glutton for punishment, organizing punishment that is.

One of the things I like so much about reading and learning about organizing and being more effective is that I feel proud when I already practice the tips they give. I feel so good when the apartment is clean, everything that needs to be done at work is done and I can really enjoy myself knitting or reading. When I was at my other job, I had so much guilt about how inefficient things were that I literally could not stop thinking about work. My therapist and I had to sit down and figure out a detailed plan to keep me from thinking about work in the morning while I was getting ready. I would literally think myself into a panic attack. I noticed this morning as my mind was wandering in the shower that I never think about work in the morning anymore, not in a stressful way anyway. This morning I was thinking about my boss who had a baby boy yesterday (and a big one at that- 9 lbs 9oz- three weeks early!). I sometimes think about what CDs I want to bring in to listen to while I work. But I don't have guilt. I will chalk that up partially to good time and effort management. I concentrate on getting things done well in advance so they do not become stressful. Hooray!

Knitting news: I am so close to finishing the socks for Michelle that I can taste it! I can not wait to finish them tonight. I think I will have a little of the yarn left over and they will make adorable baby socks. Since I know a ton of pregnant people, these will definitely come in handy. The idea of a speedy project like baby socks really appeals to me.

I have been perusing knitting blogs whenever I have a chance and have really been enjoying them. I even signed myself up for the knitting blog webring. I figure, I write about knitting on here in just about every entry so why not direct traffic out to other knitting blogs and have some traffic directed to me. Wish I had a digital camera so I could post pictures like so many bloggers do. I love looking at the projects people have just finished or the yarn they just bought. So fun! Anyhoo, the webring gods will approve me or not in the next few days and you will be able to browse other knitting blogs just by clicking on the icon on the right.

Big night ahead: finishing the socks and watching gay tv night on Bravo: Boy Meets Boy and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I'll have a full report to deliver tomorrow.

Happy knitting.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog