<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 28, 2003

Gay news:

Today there is tons.

On Thursday, the Catholic Church is releasing a seven page document impressing upon us the Church's stance on gay marriage. Did they think it wasn't clear?

Brides magazine has run their first feature on same-sex unions. Maybe they just want our business, maybe they realize that we are here to stay. I don't know. Regardless of their motivation, I am glad they did it and plan to tell them so!

NYC is funding the first public school for queer kids- I am not particularly a fan of that term but it covers everyone, so I will use it. There is a bunch of money for it and it will be for way more kids than the Harvey Milk school currently serves. I understand the torture gay kids go through in high school...trust me, I understand. But I am not sure what I think about this initiative.

Knitting news- I have nearly finished Michelle's socks. I am to the toe decreases. I hope to finish today or tomorrow. They are really big but the gal has big feet so what can I say! More or less, I am happy with them. For some reason, the heel flap and the heel seem to be in reverse stockinette but I know I did not purl every row. The length of the foot looks fine though. Bizarre. I have two other projects on the needles right now- a pixie hat and the very boring blanket (hereafter known as the VBB). To be honest, I am considering scrapping the VBB and just finising the pixie hat, making some booties to match and do an additional hat and booties in the yarn I am using for the VBB. I don't know. At this point I feel like I should finish it but as I have said a zillion times, it is boring.

So many other projects I want to do: the Suki bag (love it!) and the Cleo top (bold but I think I could pull it off) from Knitty, the ChicKami from ChicKnits. I think I will make the wide strap version and then I may be able to wear it to work on a Friday. There are a few patterns in the Fall issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting that I would like to try. Some Fruit hats for Joshua (definitely the pumpkin), the twins (Megan and Jessica), Julie's girls (Cassidy and Gracie), the Higher Ed babies (Kyla, Katharine, and Leah Joy). So many babies!

If anyone is interested in seeing the shirt Michelle knitted for herself, check out the Family Circle Easy Knitting page. She made the wrap-around sleeveless top that shows up in the first preview frame. Hers is in a lovely shade of orangy-peach. I am so proud of her!

So much knitting, so little time!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog