<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Hey. I know I have not blogged in too long. I feel like I have no time!

Well, okay, I admit it, I do have time. But...I use it all to knit! I have hardly even been reading because of all the knitting. I took a sock class at Sophie's Yarns last weekend and I loved it. I am working on a pair of socks for Michelle in Regia sock yarn- rainbow colored and self-striping. They are looking really cute. I am making them on size 1 dpns but am working on both socks simultaneously at Therese Inverso's suggestion (she taught the sock class). She got this tip from the books by Elizabeth Zimmerman and I have to say that I agree that it is better than completing a whole sock and then starting over again. Each time I pick up my knitting, I just start on the sock that has less done. This way, when I finish I will have a pair of socks rather than feeling a sense of accomplishment after one but then realizing that it is useless without the mate. I am still working on the blasted boring blanket for a friend who had a baby a few days ago. This was supposed to be a pre-baby gift. Good grief...I just can not stand working on this boring pattern. I am also working on a pixie baby hat that will probably go to this same baby although it is not from the same yarn and will not match the blanket. Oh well.

Michael and I are going to the Phillies game tonight. We have great seats that I won from work. I am excited about the game and know I will have a good time once I get there but for now, I am tired and sort of wish I was napping.

Off to work on the socks a little before it is time to get ready for dinner and the game.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog