<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Knitting celebration! I finished Michelle's socks last night. They fit great and are really cute. I took a picture of them and hopefully can post it soon. They are some crazy socks but I feel lucky that I love a girl who is just crazy enough to wear them!

I now have two projects on the needles- the pixie hat and the VBB. Argh! Michelle says I can't go see the new Mom and the baby until the VBB is complete. I think she has a good point. I really need some motivation to get this thing done. Anyhoo, the pixie hat is moving along and I think I will make some booties to match. Procrastinate much?

Gay tv thoughts- Love, love, love Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. This is why: Yes, the guys are totally stereotypical. Yes, it does not think outside the box about gay people. BUT, we see straight men who really embrace the opportunity to learn from gay people...even if what they learn is how to organize their bathroom and how to make a really great dinner for that someone special. I was so touched last night when I watched two episodes of Queer Eye and saw how sincerely grateful the straight men were for the amazing things the Fab Five did for them. Face it, we all like to look nice. We all feel better when our surroundings are pretty and welcoming and have a good energy. We can't all put words to it but I challenge anyone who says that getting into a messy bed feels the same as getting into a freshly made one. Being in a nice surrounding can pick you up. Looking good can make you feel better. It is the sincerity, appreciation, and openness to change that I like about these straight guys.

Boy Meets Boy- whatever. It is gay tv and I will watch it. I had a good time last night trying to figure out who is gay and who is straight but dating shows have never been my favorite reality tv genre. I much prefer the MTV offerings such as Real World, Road Rules, Made, Flipped. Not so much into Survivor, Fear Factor, Big Brother, or any of the Bachelor/ Bachelorette/ Joe Millionare shows. In truth, I am only watching this dating show because it features gay men.

By the way, where are all the lesbians?

Just in case you are wondering, I am considerably less than thrilled about the President's statement today about homosexual unions. I don't understand why the Defense of Marriage Act is not enough for these people. I know he says he is not in favor of a Constitutional Amendment but I am not sure how else he plans to put new restraints in action. So frustrated. Michelle wants to move to Canada. As much as I have a crush (still) on Jamie Sale of Olympic Scandal fame, I just can not imagine leaving the USA. I am too much of a flag waver, albeit a crazy left-wing liberal one.

Off to knit!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog