<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 25, 2003

TGIF! This week is nearly over. I have to comment on my new job... I like it...ALOT. Each morning this week, I have realized that I like coming to work. While I am often tired when I wake up and wish I could sleep a little longer, coming to work does not make me sad. When I was at my other job, it was torture to go to work. I knew that when I got there, I was going to feel badly about myself. I knew people did not like me. I knew there were people in central administration who thought I was an idiot who did nothing all day. The whole situation was a bad one. This whole thought process was clarified further when I met a former coworker yesterday for smoothies. Hearing the horror stories of what has been going on for the past four months just bolstered my satisfaction at having left. I knew, for my own mental health, that I could not stay in that environment and let me tell you, more than ever before, I know I made the right choice.

I think part of the reason why I have been feeling so good at work is the Flylady site and Stephen Covey. Random I know! Flylady is all about organizing and cleaning. It is mostly for stay at home moms but I like the ideas she has and I feel like I have been keeping her messages in the back of my mind and it is helping me feel a little more organized. As for Stephen Covey, I have been reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People every afternoon in work. A coworker and I have to develop a workshop for students based on this book so I am trying to get through it. I am not sure how we are going to turn it into a workshop but on a personal level, I like what this guy has to say. It is alot more touchy feely than I expected it to be. In truth, I did not think I liked the book, but the more I read it, the more I want to read and I think that says something. Something about the combination of these two philosophies is making me feel that I am doing something concrete to make myself more productive, more effective, and a better me. Maybe it is fleeting but I like it!

TGIF!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog