<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 24, 2003

Fun day yesterday! Michelle and I drove to Ocean City, NJ for the day. We have not been down the shore in two years. Last year we did spend one day on the beach in Vancouver but it has been two years since we sat by the Atlantic Ocean.

The best parts of the day...Mack's pizza and Kohr Bros. orange and vanilla ice cream cone. When I bit into the slice of Mack's pizza, I closed my eyes, sat back and said to Michelle "I am 9 years old, I am wearing shorts and a sweatshirt, and my hair is in a French braid." Every summer, I went to Wildwood, NJ with my family. My Gram and Pop rented a place for the summer and we went down as often as we could. Mack's pizza is a family favorite. Hoagies from A&LP (affectionately known as ALPO). Peanut butter on crackers and a glass of iced tea as a snack after the beach. Sitting on the porch eating frozen waffles (after being toasted of course) with lots of butter. Summer was my favorite time of the year. Cathy and I would pick houses on our walk to the boardwalk and imagine buying them as adults, hosting the family in the summer, everyone could stay with us. We had big dreams.

Michelle and I sat on the beach for 5 hours. We did not talk much. I did not read or knit. We mostly just sat. I looked at the ocean. I watched the families. I am in what Michelle calls "a baby phase."

Maybe getting a kitten this week will quell that. Heehee.

Knitting news: I am working on triangle #2 for the Cleo. It is moving along quickly. Let me just say, this is going to be one bold article of clothing. The yarn is hand painted- in 6 colors! It is a joy to work with. But it is LOUD, as my Mom would say. I will definitely post pics.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog