<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 16, 2003

I finally got to sleep in today! I can't remember the last time I woke up without an alarm. It was so great- sometimes the small pleasures are the best ones.

Went bowling last night as a goodbye treat for our friend Suzette who is moving back to Atlanta to start a three year program with the CDC. I still can't believe she and Michael have agreed to live apart for four months until Michael finishes his doctoral coursework here in Philly. I know married couples do this from time to time and it works out fine for them. I simply can not imagine ever doing it myself. I have to go away overnight for work this week and it is causing havoc in our house!

Sort of knitting news: I signed myself up for the "Knitting Bloggers Read" group. They are currently reading the Secret Life of Bees which I loved and would like to discuss so I thought "why not?" My actual book group is having our monthly meeting tomorrow. We are reading Katharine Hepburn's autobiography Me: Stories of My Life of which I have only read the prologue. Oh well, I guess I am just going for the company this month! I am currently reading The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst and loving it. This is a really quick read and I love just flying through it on my lunch everyday. I have a two hour train ride to DC on Monday morning and I can't decide if I will spend it reading or knitting. At some point, I hope to master the art of doing both simultaneously!

Still have not made much progress on the chicKami. It was going so much faster the first time I knitted it...even though it would never have fit me! I hope to get some knitting done tonight. Michelle and I have a bunch of errands to run including food shopping and renting a DVD for tonight. Hopefully, I can settle down on the couch for a few hours tonight, watch the DVD (or more than one) and knit until my heart's content.

Happy Knitting!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog