<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 01, 2003

I have been added to the Knitting Bloggers ring and the Queer Knits ring. Use the "Next" buttons below the icons on the right if you are interested in visiting other knitting and gay knitting sites.

Finished a baby pixie hat last night. So adorable. I will make some booties to match and have a momma and (in utero) baby in mind for this gift.

Bought some gorgous cotton last night at Sophie's Yarns for the ChicKami that everyone has been knitting this summer. I am making the fitted version with the wider straps. I was exhausted last night by the time I got home so I only cast on and knitted one row but am glad that I got it started. I am in love with the yarn! It is a fantastic blue and I got one hank of a creamy white to do a stripe. I really hope it comes out as great as I have been imagining it. I have been itching to knit this thing for weeks! I have been following the chicKami knit-along that has been happening and I just love looking at the pics of the finished products. Each person's comes out a little differently and I just love how creative people have been.

Yesterday was an incredibly long day. I had a short but good chat with my friend Kelly who is totally smitten with a boy! It is wonderful to see her so happy! Great people like our Kelly-belly deserve all the happiness in the world. I am glad she is having a good summer with some summer lovin'!

We had a movie night for the students last night- we watched Rabbit Proof Fence. What an incredible movie! The determination that Molly showed was just phenomenal. This movie so illustrates the resourcefulness of children. I definitely want to read the book!

The movie really made me think about the scope of injustice in our world. These little girls were taken from their families in an effort to destroy the proliferation of Aboriginal culture. I can't wrap my head around why people have such an issue with difference. It is a really simple way to say it but one of my coworkers summed it up perfectly this morning by saying "The world is filled with hate." I am feeling pretty sad today because of the President and the Pope. Both have made pretty sweeping statements this week and I just feel like I am under attack.

I wish things were more simple.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog