<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Knitting news: I am about 7 inches in on the chicKami. I realized on my first increase row that I was doing something wrong in my M1. I had four tiny holes where I had increased. Argh! I went back to the Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits and realized what I was doing wrong. Now all is right. Sweet relief. I am really hoping to get alot done tonight. I just love knitting this. I like knitting in the round. The idea that when I finish knitting, there are no seams to do (other than the three needle bind off for the straps) is such a wonderful one. I do think I am enjoying the cotton. For anyone who is wondering, it is Klaus Koch Clip in 116. This link will show it to you in other colors. Can't find a pic of the precise color, but trust me, it is gorgeous! It had better be for what I paid for it!

I really need to start asking the price for the yarn I purchase. I adore shoping at Sophie's but often the yarn is not priced (or I at least, do not see the price). I know I should just ask. It is one of those things though- I wonder if it is tacky to ask. Argh! Regardless, I just love this yarn but never in a million years would I have paid this much for a tank top if I was buying it in a store. I guess that is the nature of the knitting beast. Unless I want to knit in acrylic, it is going to be a pricey past time, at least until I have a good collection of needles and don't have to buy new ones with each project.

Non-knitting news: Had a great time at the Jennifer Weiner book signing last night at Borders. That gal is funny! I asked a question about her "process" and she launched into a whole thing about James Lipton and Inside the Actors Studio. She went on for about three minutes about how James Lipton sucks up to EVERYONE, including Melanie Griffith. (It seems like everyone is sucking up to Mrs. Banderas these days though. Don't even get me started on the New York Times Review of her performance in Chicago!) Jennifer's off topic comments were funny because (in the same way I feel about Rosie O'Donnell), I really feel like we have such similar taste in pop culture, books, etc that we could be friends. Of course she doesn't know that (Rosie never seemed to catch on either-heehee). I guess part of that is the nature of reading someone's blog regularly (and her spouse's). You start to feel like you know the person but they don't have a clue how similar your insights are, how you share a sense of humor, blah, blah, blah! Anyway, the place was mobbed, Jen was a hoot, Lucy Jane was gorgeous, and I got my copy of Good In Bed signed. A fun time was had by all!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog