<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Almost a week since I blogged...horrors!

Knitting news: Finished the Cleo. It is a bit too saucy. Hopefully blocking it and putting in elastic will help. I have no idea where I am going to be able to wear this thing! So funny!

I bought some Regia this weekend for my second pair of socks. This pair I am making for myself in a lovely blue. Blue is totally my favorite color! I broke ANOTHER of my Brittany size 1 double pointed needles! Luckily they are guaranteed. I sent my email to the company and can expect my replacement needles in 2 weeks. I can't believe I have 2 sets of these and have already broken two needles!

I also picked up some ribbon yarn this weekend, very similar to Eros. I am making a triangular shawl on size 15 needles. It is a very easy project, except for when I drop a stitch! Luckily, it knits up so twisty-turny that you can barely tell where I lost stitches and had to go hunting to get them back on the needles! This project should be a really quick one.

When I was at Sophie's Yarns this weekend, they were totally turning over their stock. Having just started knitting in the Spring, it is so great to see all of the Fall and Winter yarns. It is also totally overwhelming though to see the price of it and to think about how much yarn is required for a project that has sleeves! Luckily Michelle is supportive and has encouraged me to pick a good fall/winter project and get the yarn for it. I am about to complete my frequent buyer card at Sophie's so I will definitely be using my 10% off on the big project. I am leaning towards the Give the People What They Want cardigan from The Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits book. I love that book.

I am also thinking about starting the Suki bag really soon, but think that I will buy the yarn for this project at AC Moore. No need to spend a fortune on yarn that I am just going to felt the heck out of anyway!

Non-knitting news:
Seeing my Uncle Danny, Aunt Franci and my cousins for the first time in 9 years was totally crazy. Michelle met them for the first time and can not get over how alike my Dad and my Uncle Danny are. It is really funny because they see each other so infrequently. 3 days this year, 2 days last summer, before that, they had not seen each other in 8 years! My Uncle Dan and my Grandmom moved to Puerto Rico when my Uncle Danny was 15. After that, he went into the military and lived in Korea, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and New Jersey. The two years or so that he was stationed in NJ was so much fun for my Dad because they got to see each other fairly often- but that was 9 years ago! Still, they talk alike, laugh alike, everything. It is so funny. They are even aging the same- they both are getting a little gray around the temples. I think it is a little less obvious on my Dad because he keeps he hair shorter but still, you can see it. So funny. The little cousins, Brian and Francine, whom I had never met are just precious. Francine and I totally bonded, pretty much because I just picked her up and put her on my knee. Kids know who likes kids...I am telling you, they can sense it!

My Dad's godfather, my great-uncle Bill came over with his wife, my Aunt Lin. Uncle Bill is a riot with kids. Every year when I was a kid, my Uncle Bill came over dressed as Santa on Christmas Eve. I have pictures of me and Cathy in matching Christmas nightgowns, holding candy canes, on my Uncle Bill's knee. Both Francine and my darling nephew Joshua had so much fun with Uncle Bill on Saturday. He is just a totally silly guy and kids love that. Michelle and I bought the twins (who live next door to my parents) a bubble blowing machine for their 4th birthday which was Saturday. Uncle Bill liked the bubble blowing machine as much as the kids did!

The weekend was not what we expected at all. Michelle's mom is sick and needs major medical care. I hope the doctor she is seeing today admits her to the hospital. My sister Angie has been going through some stuff that sort of threw me for a loop. I am glad Michelle and I were able to talk to her and share our experiences.

Much work to be done. So glad it is a 4 day work week. Looking forward to knitting away my evenings!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog