<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 05, 2003

Knitting news:
I was supposed to take a Baby booties class tomorrow at Sophie's but it got cancelled. I am blue. Oh well.

The socks are coming along well. I am doing gussett decreases on sock #1 and it is moving along swimmingly! I love to knit!!

Family stuff:
Michelle's mom is in the hospital. It sucks big time! I hope that she is okay.

Michelle has to have a test done tomorrow. A big one. She has been blacking out. More specifically, she has been losing her sight and hearing and getting very dizzy. ALOT. So she is having an MRI of her brain. I am doing my best not to over react but it is very hard.

My sister Cathy had a classmate who had a brain tumor. Kim is okay now but was at death's door for, I kid you not, years. It was terrible.

My sister Angie's best friend George had a brain tumor two summers ago. He fell off his bike one day. When they did a test to make sure he did not have a concussion, they found a tumor. He is super now. You have never seen a healthier kid. But it was scary there for a bit.

I don't want to be next. I don't want to be the one who has someone close to them (and in this case we are talking about the closest person in the world to me) to have one of these. I can't even think about it. It is too big.

Culture news: (trying to be light here)
I just filled in a ton of dates on my calendar for authors who are coming to Philly through the Free Library:
Joyce Carol Oates
Toni Morrison- I won't be able to go to this one but it's on my calendar anyway
Ursula Hegi- loved Stones in the River!
Jeffrey Eugenides- this man is the most brilliant writer! Both Virgin Suicides and Middlesex are in my top 20 books of all time!
Jennifer Finney Boylan- I saw her on Oprah. She is amazing. A Male to Female trangendered English professor at Colby College.

Also, check out www.215festival.com for cool literary and music events in October. Jennifer Weiner (who I love!) is doing a reading at a Moveable Feast through the Italian Market. Cheese steaks, water ice, soft pretzels, and books. As my Mom would say, you can't beat that with a stick!

I really want to go see Thirteen. I have been reading reviews for weeks and I think it looks amazing. Evan Rachel Wood is the most talented young actress. She is phenomenal. She was so incredible as Jessie in Once and Again. I can not get over how dead on her reactions were to Mischa Barton's Katie as a young girl exploring her sexuality. I totally felt 15 again. All wrapped up in my best friend and not understanding anything I was feeling. So amazing. I even liked E.R. Wood's performance as Kylie in Practical Magic. She was darling in that movie!

I am off. Hoping to have some fun this weekend despite the new dosage of medicine I am starting tomorrow, despite Michelle's tests, despite Tinkles (my name for Michelle's mom) being in the hospital.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog