<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Nearly three hours at the neuro-opthamolgist this morning with Michelle. She does not have psuedo-tumor cerebri. I am shocked. Just like I was shocked that she does not have a tumor. Try as I might, I have been worst case scenario girl throughout this entire experience. All weekend I had plans about going to the hospital on my lunch breaks, knitting chemo caps in case she should lose her hair. I have spent the past 36 hours convinced that Michelle was going to go blind and trying to figure out if there was such a thing as a seeing eye-kitten. Argh. I don't usually think of myself as a worrier (strange for someone who has an anxiety disorder) but throughout this whole ordeal, I have been worrying nonstop.

Back to the drawing board. The next step is a heart workup. The newest theory is that her heart is not pumping enough oxygen (in her blood) to her brain which needs alot of oxygen to function correctly. Her blood pressure has been okay with simple testing but if there is uneven pressure or if the pressure is changing significantly when she sits, stands, etc it could be depriving her brain from the right oxygen levels, thus her brain is not performing correctly. That's how I understand it anyway. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I spent an hour trying to figure out why he wanted her to get her colon examined and then I realized that he was dictating a letter and was indicating that the punctuation colon (:) should be used before the listing of the tests he wants her to get. Yikes. I think he should have checked my brain!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I thought I was going to panic in the waiting room. My anxiety is just crazy right now. Took a xanax last night- I was so on edge. I could feel the attack creeping in and it took everything in me to breathe through it until the xanax kicked in. I hate it. I am glad though that I am able to use my skills and resources to hold off the attack. It takes effort to work through it but less effort and significantly less time than trying to recover after an attack. That can take hours.

Knitting news:
Check out the new design of At My Knits End. I loved the old design and this one is cool and funky too.

Check out the amazing greeting card at Fluffa. Yesterday's entry has a picture of this amazingly creative marriage of knitting and hand made cards. Michelle and I have been making cards using stampers and embossing for a few years. Never would have thought of knitting a design for a card. Love it!

I get paid on Monday and am thinking about treating myself to a new project. Rosie's Yarn Cellar's September project of the month is the Landscape Shawl. The kit with the Zephyr yarn is only $20!!! This would be a big project for me and my first real shawl. The triangle shawl I am working on in ribbon yarn is incredibly simple and only requires increasing by two stitches every other row. This looks like it would definitely be more of a challenge. It would also be something easy to keep in the office and just throw on over any outfit.

I am glad I have knitting to distract me!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog