<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

The new Knitty and other thrills 

So I have waded through most of the new Knitty. I loved looking through it but only feel compelled by two patterns. The one that will not leave me alone is for the Hoover blanket. This blanket was designed and knitted by Lou Henry Hoover, wife of President Herbert Hoover. I am planning on going to a Philadelphia Knitting meetup tonight and am itching to make a yarn run on my lunch so I can cast on for this project tonight. I need to run this idea by my financial advisor, also known as my wifey! Heehee.

Michelle and I never say "wife." We use partner in most cases although I abhor that word. Wifey is fun in light hearted instances though so I use it.

Had dinner with Michael and Michelle last night. Had not seen Michael in weeks. It was good to see him. It is weird to see someone nearly every day for two years and then not see them for weeks at a time. I think it is the same sort of adjustment most people go through after college, or even after high school. Things just change and it seems odd.

It sounds like things are going well with Cathy, Rob, and the kitty. I am glad, although I have to admit that a teeny-tiny part of me wanted Rob to be allergic so maybe, just maybe Michelle would say we could take this tiny baby sweetie kitty. Cathy called on Sunday night to tell me and Michelle that someone had given them this kitten and that she wondered if we would keep her if she bothered Rob's allergies. I heard Michelle saying to Cathy that if the cat was long haired, she would probably bother Michelle too and so we would not be able to take her. I talked to Cathy for a few minutes and told her that if Rob was allergic, and we could not keep her, I would definitely help her find someone who would. I know my Mom would. I actually talked to my Mom on Monday and I could hear in her voice that she would love to take a baby kitten. When I got off the phone with Cathy, I did not even talk to Michelle about the phone call. I could not bear to have that conversation again. I know we are both tired of having the same old arguement week in and week out. She knows I want a kitten. I know that she does not think it is practical in our current apartment. As each week goes by though, I know that the shelters will have fewer and fewer kittens. The likelihood of my getting a new little one to love is getting smaller and smaller. In my heart, I have still not given up hope.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog