<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 19, 2003

TGIF 

Knitting:
I had to frog back to the border on the Hoover blanket last night. I was planning on doing variation 2 (striping) but did not read the directive under variation 1 that said that when you slip 1 as though to purl, do so with yarn in front. Oh, now I get it.

So at that point I had so many issues that I frogged back to the border and moved ahead, only now, I am doing variation 3 because that's the one I wanted to do in the first place. I just did not think I would have enough yarn. I will. Not a big deal. So, if you want to see the version I am making, just scroll down to variation three. The colors are closer to those in variation 2 but you get the picture. I am so excited about this blanket.

Here is my issue though: I hold my yarn in my right hand over my index finger. People say that holding your yarn with your left hand can be quicker. With color work, being able to hold yarn with both hands can be really good. I kept trying last night, but I can't do it. When I hold the yarn with my left hand 1) I am slower than molasses, 2) my stitches wrap differently. I wish learned to knit from a person but I didn't. I taught myself from a kid's craft kit and a few books and online tutorials. I keep saying I am going to go to knitting groups. I was supposed to go to one on Saturday and another on Wednesday. I RSVPd yes to both. And then I stayed home and knitted on the couch and watched a movie. Part of the issue is that I have a cold. Part of the issue is that I am a little nervous to meet new people. I don't know why. But I could definitely learn from other knitters so I am making a vow to go to at least one knitting gathering in October. Michelle and I are already planning on going to the Philly Knit Out and Crochet on Sunday. I can not wait. There are going to be goody bags!!!! If nothing else, I am going for the goody bag!

We are also going to see Jeffrey Eugenides speak at the Free Library on Saturday. This man is an incredibly brilliant writer. I LOVED Virgin Suicides. And then I read Middlesex. Unbelievable. I don't know where he came up with this story but it is phenomenal. Amazing. Complex and detailed and loving and horrifying and unreal. I can't wait to hear him speak.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog