<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 03, 2003






These are the first pair of socks I did. I used Therese Inverso's generic pattern- sort of. I made the cuffs shorter mostly because I was bored and wanted to get to the fun part. I also cast on more stitches because Michelle has big feet. Heehee! Okay, they aren't that big, but the girl is 6 feet tall. She needs big feet or she would topple over! Anyway, I think I cast on 84 stitches. The heel flap is inside out- the purl side faces out which makes the sock look sort of odd. And the toes are way too pointy! I have been looking at lots of pictures of knitted socks, mostly picture trails of people from the socknitters yahoo list. They all have these lovely rounded toes. Do they not decrease as many stitches as I did? I went down to 16 stitches total. Should I not have decreased that much because I cast on more stitches?

Oh, I don't know! The socks keep her feet warm. I guess that is all that matters.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog