<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Dreaming of Ireland, apple fritters, and (as always) kittens 

I am reading The Lilac Bus by Maeve Binchy. I love to read her books. It takes me about 2 pages to get into one of her stories, to feel relaxed, to get invested in the characters. I have read Circle of Friends, Scarlet Feather, Return Journey, Tara Road, and Quentins. I loved each and every one. I am going to the book store today to pick up our book club book for this weekend and I am planning on browsing some knitting books while I am there. A girl can dream, can't she!

I forgot to blog about Michelle's 30 seconds of actually considering getting a kitten. And I mean there was real consideration there. The Animal Welfare Society had a vehicle full of kittens and pups (in cages of course) at OutFest this past Sunday. Michelle rolled her eyes but did not stop me from going in to look. I immediately went into my high-pitched baby and baby animal voice. There were so many kittens- at least a dozen. There were quite a few grey and white ones that were so cute and frisky and climbing all over one another. And then I saw one- a solid black one with little gray eyes. I had to call Michelle in to see her-she looked just like our baby Lulu who we lost in May. Michelle almost cried when she saw her. As she stood there though she started pointing out a little grey and white one that was hanging onto the front of the cage with three paws and waving one out at me with the other. I think that if we had not been going to my sister's for dinner that night, I might have a baby kitty at home right now. Sad but true.

The other day on the way home from work, I had myself convinced that when I got home, Michelle was going to surprise me with a kitten. Now, I know the girl is sick. She is blacking out and nearly fainting several times a day. I still told myself that it was within the realm of possibility that she had walked over to Morris Animal Refuge and picked out a kitty to be our little friend. Am I a selfish bitch or what!
We are going to have Mich's dad's car this weekend. We are driving out to Linvilla Orchard for our annual pumpkin selecting excursion. This is also my annual stuff-my-face-with-apple-fritters excursion but that somehow makes is sound less fun! Who knows. Maybe on Friday night or Saturday, we pick out a little black kitty to go with that pumpkin. There's always hope.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog