<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 27, 2003

Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters 

Evidently Mandy Moore has redone Elton John's Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters. I have to hear this.

Daylight savings time f*cks me up every friggin year. I am so confused, I don't even know what end is up. Michelle seriously makes fun of me for this but I just can not handle the time change. My mom is the same way. Strange but true.

I was away for the weekend with work. Three days in the Poconos on a leadership retreat. Our students are economically and educationally disadvantaged- I work for a grant program within the College that serves this population of students. They are also not traditional aged students. We had an 18 year old on the trip and a great grandmother. It was a great experience. The work we put into the event totally paid off. The students had a wonderful time and left with a feeling of camaraderie and positivity. I hope that they are able to look back on the experience as an invigorating one.

I am tired as hell though. Everyone in the office is totally beat. It is raining here so I think people are a little sluggish because of the weather as well. What a way to start the week.

I did crazy amounts of knitting on the trip. I finished a Christmas gift (except for felting) for a special person who reads this blog (hint- it is not Michelle). One down, a bunch to go. I also knitted two pumpkin hats from the Ann Norling fruit cap pattern- well worth the $3.50. I worked a little on the mate to Suz's sock but I am liking sock knitting less than I expected to. Lots more Christmas knitting to do. I get paid on Friday and I need to stock up on supplies.

Wishing I had an Elton John CD with me- really wanting to hear Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters.

Cheers.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog