<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 19, 2003

A new baby boy 

So excited.

Anyone who knows me in the real world knows that there is a special little man in my life. My nephew Joshua will be 2 in January. My sister called me and told me she was pregnant 4 days before she told my parents. I was in the room 30 minutes before Josh was born and held him when he was only 30 minutes old. He is gorgeous and funny and sweet. He is also a little wild but such is life with a nearly two year old.

I am excited about a new baby boy who entered the world this week. Theodor was born on October 15 at 9:51 AM, Denmark time. That's right. Denmark. A little over a year ago, I started visiting an online message board to get and give some support for my anxiety disorder. I chatted with folks and have made some really great friends. A little before Christmas, I started instant messaging with one of the girls from the board, Heidi from Denmark. We got close and fast. Heidi shared things with me that she did not share with other people in her life. We sent each other Christmas cards. She sent me a postcard from her vacation on a beach in Africa and I sent her a copy of the book Beaches- Heidi's favorite movie. A few months later, she told me that she thought she was pregnant.

I feel in some ways like I am an aunt of sorts to little Theo. I have been praying for his safe arrival and the health of his mar (mom in Danish) for so many months. Of couse, my relationship with my sister Cathy and my little man Joshie is precious and can not be compared. But, in an odd way, I feel close to baby Theo and I hope I will get to meet him and his Mar, who has become a dear friend, someday.

By the way, the Hoover blanket is for Theo.

Smiles from a very proud friend!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog