<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Writing aspirations 

I am an avid reader. I have always been. I remember the day in 3rd grade when I got Kristy's Great Idea, the first book in the Baby Sitter's Club series. I remember my aunts and uncles reading to me from the Nursery Rhyme book at my Gram and Pop's house when I was too young to read myself. I remember one day my Aunt Patty told me that she only knew what I looked like from the nose up because the rest of my face was always hidden by a book.

Along with that love of reading is a dream of writing. I don't know what to write but I want to write. I have journals, mostly from college. I have letters galore from high school and college. I have more papers from college and grad school than I care to count. I have not tried my hand at fiction in any significant way. I am afraid of poetry. But I am willing to try.

Yesterday, I bought The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron on eBay. It is the 1992 version, not the new one. And it is used. But I bought the cheapest one I could find online- less than $10 with shipping and insurance. The first steps toward a dream do not have to cost millions. The investment of time seems more valuable. Pioneer Melissa started on this journey last week. By the time I get the book and get going, I will be two weeks behind Melissa and the little support group she has organized but it is good to know that I am not alone. Rachael and Greta have worked through this book and it will be good to have their writing to read as well while working through it.

Wish me luck.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog