<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I cheated... 

Okay, so it was only a little cheating. I visited my own blog just to remember what reading blogs feels like. I checked my stats and realized that someone found me by googling "lesbian agoraphobic blog" so I googled myself. I was on page 2. Not too shabby.

I checked my email- I deleted the spam. I read the weekly pep talk from NaNoWriMo- and trust me, I needed it. I did not write much during lunch yesterday because the goblins in my head were being mean. They were whispering things like:

"This story stinks."
"Your writing is so boring."
"No one will actually want to read this."
"You are so unoriginal."
"You are creating characters you do not know enough about. You can't make a character have a disability that you are not an expert about!"

To the goblins I say this: "I am glad you are here...for me to poop on!"

Thank you Triumph the Insult Dog for that very mature insult.

When I was doing my morning pages this morning, I realized that I let the goblins win yesterday. I had even emailed Michelle and told her that I was giving up on NaNoWriMo- It's too hard and I am way behind.

Well today, I am going to write. Even if I am starting with too many characters, even if I don't know enough about the characters I am creating. That's what research is for! I have a BA in English Lit from a liberal arts college. I think I can manage some research. Sure it might cut in on my no reading week, but isn't no reading week about creativity anyway.

Thanks for cheering me on, even if I can't read your cheers!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog