<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Retreat 

Michelle and I are on a retreat weekend. We have not defined exactly what that means but we went out to lunch today and then spent 4 hours on the couch knitting and watching tv shows that Michelle taped this week. I think it mostly means that we won't do anything we don't feel like doing. We'll see. We really should go food shopping tomorrow. Neither of us ever feels like doing that.

I want to take some time tonight to work on my NaNoWriMo project. I have spent no time on it in nearly two weeks. My word count is a measly 1500 words with only 15 days to go. Absurd to think that I can make my goal- except that it is no reading week for me starting tomorrow. I am enjoying The Artist's Way but am nervous. My no reading week means no books other than Artist's Way, blogs, email lists, non-work emails, magazines, news stories online, or mail. I actually am not even planning on signing on the internet this week. I have no idea how I am going to manage. I am going to find out the weather on tv each morning. I don't need to go on the web at work. I may sign on to blog this week but I doubt it. It is too much of a temptation. If I sign on. I will be reading headlines on my homepage, which will tempt me to cheat. I just don't think I can resist.

I will be reading work emails, directions for the big report I am working on, the text of the report I am working on, and knitting patterns.

So, consider this my last post until next Sunday, November 23. Hopefully that will mean lots of writing, including during my lunch hour. By the way, I need to go to a book store tomorrow to get a new journal. How I am going to go to a bookstore and not read anything...beats me. I'll go to the journal section, select one that speaks to me, and then leave. No browsing. I should have gone today. I am kicking myself now!

Bye!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog