<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

After all, it's only one more sleep til Christmas day! 

I need to get in the shower. My Mom will be picking us up for Mass in a little over an hour. This Children's Mass on Christmas Eve is my favorite of the year, followed closely by Mass on Holy Thursday and Easter Sunday. At 4:15 the 3rd and 4th graders will sing carols from the Altar. At 5:00, my Mom will sing while the 1st graders, in costume from their pageant will process up the center aisle until they make a little tableau of the Holy Family and other Nativity scene folks. Around 5:20, Father will start the homily by inviting any kids under the age of 7 to come sit on the altar. Mass will be a zoo. People will be dressed inappropriately. It will be loud. Teenagers will receive communion while giggling at the girls and boys behind them. It is a mess, but I love it!

I had a busy morning/ early afternoon. I went to confession, bought lights for the tree- the bottom of the tree was out, and went to my Weight Watchers weigh in. I somehow managed to lose a half pound this week. 4 lbs in 5 weeks- not too shabby considering that we are talking about Thanksgiving through Christmas.

I hope that your holiday is wonderful, that you celebrate the joy that one baby's birth brought to this world. Each year, the commemoration of that holy birth brings people together, with family and friends, to enjoy each other. Blessings to you and yours on this holy and happy day.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog