<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 05, 2004

The best laid plans of mice and men 

This morning started out just how I had planned- not necessarily how I would have chosen- but exactly how I had planned. Alarm went off, snoozed for about 25 minutes, got up, showered, make-up, checked the weather, got dressed, blow dried my hair, kissed Michelle goodbye- she was still in bed, and walked to work.

Went to get coffee, caught up with co-workers, checked email and voicemail. Checked in with my boss. Was set for a day of work- mostly uninterrupted as I had no appointments.

At about 9:30 my phone rang. I answered and a very small voice at the other end said "honey?" and burst into tears. Michelle passed out this morning, home alone. Not good. I rushed home. She's okay. Sleeping for the past two hours after talking to some folks in the cardiologist's office and making an appointment for this afternoon. I'll let her sleep for another 30 minutes or so and then we are off to pick up the referral and see the heart doctor.

On the bright side, I am flying through The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It is wonderous! And I will probably take some knitting with me to the docs- I think the second strawberry hat is the perfect project.

Send us prayers and good wishes if you have some to spare.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog