<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Lunch time shopping 

I swore off lunch time trips to the yarn store over the summer. I get sidetracked. I get distracted. I get back to the office late.

Not so today!

I am feeling kind of blue today- residual sadness and anxiety from Sunday's events and stress about how poorly Michelle has been feeling. My tummy has been feeling the effects of this stress and I just generally don't feel well. I knew if I went home for lunch, as I had planned, it would be very difficult for me to return to the office.

So I went shopping! Just a little trip to Sophie's which produced two balls of sock yarn ( to be made for my sweetie), some size 2 dpns- I have been using size 1s but I thought things would go a smidge quicker with the 2s. And...the new issue of Vogue Knitting.

Ever since I began knitting last Spring, I have read about how the knitting mags are going down hill, how there are no good patterns, how poor the editing is, blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. Not knowing what the magazines were like "in the good old days" they seemed okay to me and I have been purchasing new issues of IK, Vogue and FCEK since Spring/ Summer. I have made a handful of projects- Michelle's DNA scarf, the froggy mittens, and am currently working on a baby sweater.

There are two patterns in the Winter Vogue that I absolutely LOVE! 1- the turtleneck poncho (click on Table of Contents) and 2- the Oscar de la Renta sweater and cape (click on preview this issue and scroll to the last row of patterns).

I am so in love with the cape and sweater that I actually priced the yarn in hopes of saving up and making this later this winter- it is going to cost in the ball park of $200. We'll have to see about that.

I grabbed a quick bite at the Taco House- I was less then thrilled yet again. I don't know why I went there. I even made it back to the office in plenty of time to get working again.

I am doing my best to have a positive outlook on this day. My tummy is feeling a little better than it did this morning. And my boss just sent out a little "thought of the day" type of email, which she rarely does- which echoed Flylady's mantra- you are not behind. Jump in whereever you are! It really helped energize me for an afternoon of advising paperwork and student appointments.

May you too hear the words you need to hear today!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog