<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 11, 2004

The Surreal Life 

At 4:30 this morning, my parents' neighbors (we'll call them P and F) got a call that F's 18 year old son, P's step-son was killed in a car accident over night. The boy who was killed was a classmate of my sister Angie's from pre-school through 8th grade. By 8:30 this morning, P was on her way to the hospital, in labor with their new baby boy. He was born this evening, about three weeks early, at a healthy 9 and a half lbs. Can you imagine losing and getting a son all in one day? I saw F in between his trips to the hospital. My Mom and I were at the neighbors' keeping their 4 year old twin girls occupied.

I don't know if I have ever experienced a stranger day.

I can't blog about knitting, or reading, or last night's episode of SNL. All I can do is wonder about God's plan. Wish and pray that I might keep faith and realize that maybe it is not for us to understand. I thank God for the safe delivery of baby Johnny. But I know that each year on his birthday, his mom and dad will also be remembering that this is the day they lost his big brother.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog