<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Virginia Woolf 

I am listening to the Indigo Girls' Rites of Passage- Virginia Woolf. This is my all time favorite IGs CD, followed closely by Swamp Ophelia and Become You. And Nomads, Indians, and Saints. Oh, forget it. Rites of Passage is my favorite but I can't order the rest!

Today is the slowest day of my life. It is positively dragging.

Knitting news:
I finished the triangular Eros shawl last night. Pictures to come. It is smaller than I expected. I probably should have kept knitting. It will be cute in the summer with a black dress.

I have about a foot of Michelle's DNA scarf to go. It just was not ready for Christmas. I have been working on that over the past few days and should have it done this week including blocking and fringe. It is my first project with cables and my first time following a chart. Considering these growing pains, I am fairly happy with the progress. Michelle wants mittens to match. I'd like to make a Bucket-o-Chic as well but I don't know if she will wear it. Her hair is really short right now and she is a little picky about the kind of hat she wears. Maybe if I show her the picture of Rachael's?

Books:
I finished The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger on Monday. I can't say enough good things about this book. The structure of the narrative was winding but she managed it beautifully! Not your average love story, Henry and Clare's relationship progresses from one between a middle-aged Henry and a 6 year old Clare, to a middle aged Henry and a late-thirties Clare. The development of their relationship is beautiful! Read this book if you have a chance!

I am currently reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett and I love it so far. I am about halfway into Chapter 2 but I feel like I don't want to put the book down. It is beautifully written, with gorgeous, lyrical descriptions.

Blog news:
I am working on moving over to TypePad. If I can figure out the directions for importing my Blogger entries, maybe I can move forward. It's not going well. I think I need to download something I have not yet downloaded. Argh!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog