<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Yarn acquisition 

I walked to Rosie's Yarn Cellar yesterday after work and picked up 600 yards of Zephyr yarn in Vanilla (it's white, people!). I only got 600 yards because I'm a little nervous about actually being able to handle this. If it seems like it's going to work, I'll go buy the rest next week.

So far, so good.

lace

I had to tink back a few rows at one point. Things were wonky on the left edge. I think it's fixed but we'll see. I have a few more rows until I start the first snowdrop. I think I'll manage that okay. That section is still charted. I'm concerned about adding the 4th and 5th snowdrops- not charted. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, I like this. I think I could stand to use needles with a sharper point. These Inox circulars are pretty blunt. I may switch if they are too tough to work with as I go along but so far, they're working. I usually use bamboo needles but I thought the lace yarn may jog too much on the bamboo. The stitches are moving nice and smoothly on the metal.

So far, so good!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog