<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 19, 2004

No photo update 

I have not touched this shawl since before vacation. I had it in my mind that it was knitting to be done without distraction and I have just been unable to find distraction-less time to work on it.
 
My anxiety was up this weekend so on Saturday, I shut myself in the bedroom, put on the video of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 50th Birthday Celebration, and got to work.
 
Guess what?
 
I get it. I totally get it. This pattern is made up of a four row repeat. Two of those rows are the same. I finally figured out what I'm doing. I can READ the lace now and know what I should be doing next and where I am in the pattern without stitch markers and post-it notes and who knows what.
 
I GET IT!
 
Now, to be be totally honest, it was work. I spent at least an hour Saturday taking stitches out and redoing them. And then again. It took forever. But I  get it now. I was able to work on this on Sunday while I watched the West Wing on dvd. No mistakes.
 
AMAZING!
 
The shawl currently has 9 snowdrops. When I add numbers 14 and 15 (I think), I'll start the solid bit in the middle. Moving right along!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Feedback by backBlog